Wednesday 2 April 2014

"Pretend That He Was Sick"

I've been a bad, bad, daily blog writer. No blogs have been forthcoming the whole time I was away, nor for the few days I have been back. I apologise. I have excuses, but they would sound like excuses.

Anyway. We're back. And with a few ideas about subjects to write about. The first set of inspiration has been listening to three albums during my journeying to and fro, from some of my songwriter friends. The ones I have been spending some time with recently. I hope to write some mini reviews of their albums over the coming days. Totally unbiased ones in which the friendship I have with each artist will have absolutely no bearing on my critiques. No sir. I'll be Mr Objective personified.

Also, as mentioned when I last wrote anything, we have the wedding of my eldest son coming up. That's quite a big thing which we'll be glad to get out the way...I mean, to which we are all looking forward immensely. Actually, it's going to be great. I never really enjoyed my own wedding day (it's all the attention, people commenting on my dress sense and fantastic haircut, the admiring glances as I was walking down the isle, you know the sort of thing) so it'll be good to watch Daniel suf...enjoy his own special moment.

Edit: Apparently it's the brides  day, and the groom is nothing more than a cake decoration.

So that's all to come. Also the Fee Come's Fourth tune will be with you in a couple of days. I'm getting a little bit radio friendly these days. Or so I've been told. It's quite scary. I fear that I may soon be heard singing  inoffensively, and sans quirks,  as you do your trolley dance around Tesco's. What a sad day THAT will be!

We're back on the wagon folks. If that's the phrase I'm looking for. It might not be, because I swallowed a silver spoonerism the other day. Anyway, keep popping over to this bloggy wagon if you would like. I hope you would.


The line "pretend that he was sick" is from my song Benny's Hallelujah off the album A Human Being.







No comments:

Post a Comment