Friday 4 April 2014

"Then The Roof Blows Off"

Regular readers will remember a blog back in February where I described building a roof in preparation for the upcoming wedding of my eldest son Daniel to a lovely lady known as Susanna. And if you're really dedicated you would have read a few days later about how the roof blew off.

And it was all a bit too much. So I went and wrote a song. You know me.

And though the song in question wasn't written with Daniel and Susanna in mind, I would like to dedicate it to them as they look forward to next months wedding. Not that I'm predicting any roofs blowing off in their lives either literally or metaphorically. Nor wishing that on them. But the song is about being there for each other when Stuff happens that you weren't perhaps expecting.

And that is something I can predict. Unexpected stuff will happen in their lives together. A lot of it will be great stuff. Some of it won't. Whether that be external circumstances or personal relationship wise.

And what makes me very confident for Daniel and Susanna is that they are both people who, in their own different ways, will be there for the other when those moments happen. I know that of Daniel, because I watched him grow up. And I've seen enough of Susanna to know she will have Daniel's back.

I'm really excited for them. (Even if I wasn't, it would be impossible not to catch some excitement with Susanna around, because she has a severe dose of contagious exciteness).  I think they are perfect for each other.

So, we're not there yet, but here's to the two of them. To a wonderful life together.  Cover each other.


The line "then the roof blows off" is from today's Fee Comes Fourth tune Cover Me (A Little Bit Longer) - April 4th 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment