Saturday 25 January 2014

"She Burns With A Passion, She's Taming The Wind"

What I like about doing this blog based on lines from my songs, is that it can go in so many directions. But I'm going to avoid the potential discussion about flatulence, that I might have chosen, until another occasion.

I could have talked about Scotland and independence, because the passionate woman in this song was intended as a metaphor for the wild, funny, passionate, contradictory, independent  country that  I have made my home.

This  could be about the importance of spending your life doing those things that you really care about. For instance, if you are not in school anymore then you really don't have to take French, or anything else that you happen not to like, just because that's what you've been told to do. Life is short, and perhaps we should be finding a way, anyway, of doing the stuff that makes us feel alive.

I've decided not to talk about the environment and wind power, or to ask whether the industry which has become such an important part of the local economy here in Kintyre, is actually a red herring in the search to find a suitable replacement for oil, as well as a blight on the wild places that help to refresh us.

Or to write about self control, and  assert that having passion isn't enough in itself. Which is why premature ejaculation has never been a cause for celebration.

But, what I am in fact writing about, it turns out, is that in every endeavour, the most important part is to start. Because if you don't start you won't finish. And even if at the finish you're not happy with the outcome, you have learned something that will help you do better next time.

The End.



The line "She burns with a passion, she's taming the wind" is from my song Tartan And Lace (October 4th 2013). It was chosen by Daniel Fee.


No comments:

Post a Comment