Wednesday 22 January 2014

"Waiting Till The Wild Geese Have Flown"

Birds again. I love watching them in the wilds. And almost as much, sometimes possibly more, I enjoy watching them on TV.

The close ups are closer, and if you can  listen to a passionate, funny and knowledgeable  birdie like Bill Odie (wherever he is now) or Chris Packham talking about them, then all the better.

But the thing I'm really looking forward to is a time a long, long way in the future (he says kind of hopefully, but also wistfully). At that time I will have absolutely no sense of responsibility, in likelihood little mobility, few scruples, and probably even fewer marbles. And I will be sitting outside in my Y-fronts on a sunny day watching some common tits and finches on my bird table, while I try to learn how to whistle in their language.

And I hope that thought brings you some very comforting and uplifting mental imagery. My pleasure.


The line "Waiting Till The Wild Geese Have Flown" is from my  unreleased song of the same name.



Fee Comes Fourth

No comments:

Post a Comment