Thursday 13 March 2014

"That's What True Lovers Do, It's An Art"

I'm off to the cinema tonight. To see The Railway Man. It's a love story, and I'm an ageing romantic.  So no spoilers please.

Actually, these days the pre-film Trailers ARE the spoilers. It's often more like watching a summary of everything that happens. For instance, I already know that the film I am about to watch in half an hour is about a story that happens during the second world war, and the present day. It involves a man to whom bad things happen in a prison of war camp, who subsequently suffers great mental turmoil, who plans revenge against his previous captors, and that probably he comes to a place of being able to forgive his persecutor. Woven into all this is the love story.

I get all that simply from watching the trailor. And to be honest, it's more than I want to know, but rumour has it that the film is very good, with or without those pesky trailers.

So, got to go and get ready. Spruce myself up. It's one of the few times me and Ineke manage to get out together at the moment.

Speak more tomorrow. Sorry about the missed blog yesterday.


The line "That's what true lovers do, it's an art" is from next months Fee Comes Fourth song called Cover Me (A Little Bit Longer)


No comments:

Post a Comment