Saturday 1 March 2014

"Everybody's Favourite Alien"

I've never seen the movie Alien or it's sequels. I didn't complete Nelson Mandela's autobiography for some reason. Not been to a World Cup match. I haven't visited Madam Tussaud's. I've never been to Italy. Or Scandanavia. Or the USA. Or Peru. I haven't managed to see the Aurora Borealis yet. I haven't read Wuthering Heights. Or listened to a Kate Bush album all the way through. I haven't seen Paul McCartney in concert. I haven't ever sailed on a boat with sails. I haven't swum with dolphins. I haven't walked up a Munro. I haven't flown on a Sea Plane. I haven't knowingly seen a Golden Eagle. I've never run a marathon. Or gone diving with a tank of oxygen on my back. I haven't seen the Pyramids in the flesh. I haven't walked to Iran yet. I haven't had a hit single. I haven't been to an Olympics event. I haven't Skied on snow.

And I haven't got anything remotely interesting to say today. But I had to say something because I'm under oath. Please accept a refund on the way out. Thank you.


The line "Everybody's Favourite Alien" was chosen by Ineke Fee and is from my unreleased song of the same name.

No comments:

Post a Comment