Saturday 22 March 2014

"When The Boy Became A Man"

I don't particularly like the entrapment tactics of Facebook, but I still think it is the most democratic media on the Worldwide Webnet.

One thing I like is the fact that age doesn't really matter. I've read stuff by people who are far younger than me, and who have a far better grasp of language than I do, and often an incredibly mature and/or insightful attitude. But I really only notice their age in passing.  Or their sex or background. What matters is the words.  The ideas. And I can be opened up by those wherever they come from. And sometimes I am humbled and realise that I'm not as smart or able or wise as I'd like to be.

Which is good. Plenty of reason to stay alive when there's still a long way to your destination. As I get older I'm actually getting more hopeful about the future. Not particularly my future. My moods are too variable. But I think, on a world wide scale, that the people with the good, creative, constructive ideas are going to beat the numpties.

You heard it here first.


The line "When the boy became a man" is from the Fee Comes Fourth song Big Dream, Little Dream - February 4th 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment