Monday 17 February 2014

"But You Ain't Heard Everything Yet"

Can I just say that it's hard to right a blog when people are listening to TV. I've tried it on an iPad, but you know those awkward touch keyboards. So the computer it is, in loud earshot of the telly. With the Simpsons on in the background. Which I like.  And now I'm getting distracted by Willie's really awful Scottish accent. I think a Scottish accent must be one of the hardest to pull off. I often have to tell English visitors to avoid doing bad, or indeed any, Scottish accents when they come to visit. 'Least not while I'm around. It's embarrassing.

The Simpson's is the kind of art that I aspire to. The stuff that will stay around on repeat on Channel 4 until the Universe is cold. And what's great about the internet is that, in theory, anyone can do art that's around for ever. Just doodle some graffiti on the endless web wall and let the Future be your judge. Because Web Servers are Eternal aren't they? I'm sure someone told me that.

So now anything you scribble on Facebook, for instance, could be discovered in 330 years time. And someone will read it and say: "Wow, that fella  really should have got more credit during his/her lifetime, and not had to wait till they were dead and past caring. LOL".

Anyway, the brains even more fuzzled now coz we've switched to Pop Channel. It's kiddie cartoons. Some are quite good. All of them are VERY loud.

The School boys are off school. Taking them up to Glasgow tomorrow, meeting with older Student boy, and then going for our yearly Go Karting. And then out for a night on the town. Oh, yes! The Counting House, Cineworld, Premier Inn...the works!

Must stop! Too much high pitched yelping in my poor old head. Glad I'm a little bit deaf.



The line "But you ain't heard everything yet" is from my song Frequent Disapproval - August 4th 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment