Sunday 2 February 2014

"Like A Little Child, But Nobodies Fool"

Unless you become like a little child you cannot enter the kingdom of God. These are words that Jesus, the famous one, is quoted as saying. I like the quote.

It's not just a quote for me. It's a life goal. Getting (back) that sense of fun, the unambiguous questioning...the kind of questioning that scientists try to achieve, physical un-inhibition, and faith in the impossible. The innocence. And a bubbly joy in silliness.

Shame that the vast majority of us have to spend a lifetime recovering something that was our birthright. Makes you wonder where the stealing of it happens. 

One thing is certain. The thieves are fools. I've been a fool in my time. I consider it to be a great achievement whenever I refrain from stealing someone else's child likeness. Including my own. 


The line "Like a little child, but nobodies fool" is from my song Carry On, Keri-Anne (The Dodgy Hip Sessions)




No comments:

Post a Comment