Wednesday 19 February 2014

"In The Beginning You're Moving Slow"

You might be. But The Boys and me were speed freaks at the Go Kart track at Cambuslang. Which I suspect, after last year and this, has become a yearly fixture in the Fee calendar. Great fun. The feel of speed and Formula 1 competitiveness...and the chance to show the young ones that the Old 'Un has still got it. Oh yeah! I'm sure I didn't come fourth anyway...

In other news The Lego Movie, as well as being the best advert Lego will ever get, is also a fantastic bit of cinema. Funny, but  also quite inspiring. If you get the chance give it a shot. You don't need a child to go with you. Adults are allowed to attend unaccompanied.

And in yet another advert for which I am being paid NOTHING:  Premier Inn beds are as comfortable as Lenny Henry makes them look. As long as you get the Double Bed anyway. But remember, to make sure that the one child who always, always forgets something, doesn't forget something. Doh!

And finally, I have been measured up for a kilt. It's going to happen. I'm under orders to wear one for the oldest boy's wedding in a couple of months. And I don't even know if it's legal for a Sassanach to wear a kilt. Perhaps I shouldn't be revealing this in a public place. Hopefully there won't be too much "revealing" going on at the wedding either...better stay off the whisky on the day, I think.


The line "In the beginning you're moving slow" is from the song Pocket Dynamite co-written with Gary Carey.

No comments:

Post a Comment