Friday 7 February 2014

"I Want To Sail Away On The Seven Seas"

Today I'm up the road...

I feel a sense of freedom when I head  past Westport beach and see Gigha off to the left as I travel the A83 away from home. I love surprises.   There is nothing more exiting than leaving Campbeltown and visiting somewhere that I haven't been before. The more unknown that can be packed into a journey the better. And Limited Knowledge is the best invention ever.  Along with BIG maps that give tiny clues to all the Different Stuff that could be out there. Mussels and beer under a bridge over the Bhospurus in Istanbul. Being treated like a King on news years day in Isfahan, Iran.  And closer to home, but still new, collapsing cliffs near Cleethorpes. John O'Groats and isolation. The size of the sky on North Uist.

A breath of fresh air.

 Coming home is the most comforting and re-energising of experiences. Driving or being driven by The Bus Driver back down the A83 after Tarbert on the way home to Campbeltown is  one of my favourite things. The changing sky over the Atlantic out past Northern Island.  Home to times with the family. Ineke. The boys bantering among themselves and joining forces to mock the Old Man. The Aqualibrium...The library beneath the swimming pool!  Friday night take-aways from The Taj Mahal, our local Bangladeshi. Bengullion, looking down upon us. Walking up or down Longrow and Mainstreet seeing faces that have become part of my life.

Bathing in the familiar.


I'm back on Monday, or Tuesday. Hopefully still be blogging while I'm away though.


The line "I want to sail away on the seven seas" is from my unreleased song Fog.



Fee Comes Fourth




No comments:

Post a Comment